Real life content is always tightly integrated with master data. Reference data to be used for the content is usually stored in a third-party enterprise system (or even several different systems) and should be consumed by Alfresco. The session will highlight technical problems regarding using external master data in Alfresco and provide detailed solutions for them.
The session will cover:
1. Quick and dirty reference data management within Alfresco. Implementing a poor man's solution to allow business users to edit field constraints.
2. External master data basics. Querying external web service for master data and using it in fields constraints.
3. Real life issues beyond the basics. Live data vs cached data. Handling changes in reference data. Performance when master data source has 10k+ records in single classifier.
4. We need to go deeper. Dealing with tree-like hierarchical master data structures. Dealing with master data internal constraints (when field X in classifier A sets constraint for field Y in classifier B).
5. A few words on UI: admin tools, custom controls for tree-like hierarchies, interactive controls and filling multiple fields on a form from a single master data object.