Content migrations are known to be notoriously difficult, complex, and risky. But they do not have to be. Given the right tools and methodology, content migration can be less of a daunting task. In this session we will do a deep dive into the technical aspects of a content migration and how to successfully design & execute a content migration to Alfresco. We will cover best practice patterns and strategies that can be applied to different migration scenarios; a migration methodology—the design, process, and approach to migration; and a technical deep dive into the tools and approaches for accomplishing a successful content migration. By the end of the session, you should have a firm understanding of the available tools and approaches to successfully design, plan and execute a successful migration to Alfresco.
Topics will include:
- Migration methodology - design, process, approach and successful execution
- Migration best practices - patterns, strategies & tools
- Technical approaches to migration, including:
- Build your own using the tools available from Alfresco
- Simflofy - a best of breed solution for discovering & migrating content into Alfresco
The session recording is missing audio for the first six minutes.